Sunday, June 8, 2008

reply to Ysabelle - ^_^

I'm excited about being homesick with someone :) The Harvard girls have been very independant but supportive. I hope I can be supportive for you all when you get here.

As for independant, I'm excited to have someone (from you 6!) to drag with me to the outside world when I need to get something.

It's ok about the Chinese. What kind of irks me is how people are really excited if you're clearly not chinese and speak chinese. Well, I'm just as American as the next American, but clearly on the outside, I'm Chinese. So I just feel expectations, and I'm beginning to learn to not try and meet everyone's expectations, and do what I think is right and good.

But, on the flip side, if I keep my mouth shut, everyone kind of assumes I'm a native that walks like an American, so maybe I'm a native, and you better not offer me a rip off price for whatever you're selling me. But more often than not, the first response is what I get.

You'll all do great! I believe most of you are in a field with Chinese as a regular part of your curriculum, so it'll all be good :) And Ysabelle can stick with me, fitting into category two for those nationals that can't figure us out ;)

No comments: