Sunday, June 8, 2008

reply to Anna - gearing up

Hi Anna,
Thanks for your thoughtfulness :) It's ok being here first, it's different. I feel a little bored sometimes when they don't know what they want me to do, but otherwise, it's ok.

The only thing that I wish I had was my laptop, but not having one has made me freer and more open to talking to others. The Harvard girls here have been great roommates and have been a lot of fun. So it's not such a problem being here first. I'm still really excited about everyone arriving though!

I'm very lucky to have some people I know in Beijing to hang out with on the weekends and also hanging out with the Harvard girls. I'm well provided for physically by CC and kind of emo-mentally with everyone else.

I'm trying to think of any thing else that I should tell you to pack for your own sake. A lot of things you can just by here, but if you're kind of afraid of going out (which should be ok b/c someone will always be around to go with you), you can prepare ahead of time a small lunchbox for the "cafeteria", some utensils, a mug, and maybe a bowl and plate. I'm not sure what's provided for us at the apartment we'll stay in, but when I moved in my current one, nothing was provided except large appliances and water and toilet paper (which really is a blessing :])

Good to hear from you, see you all soon!

No comments: