Friday, June 13, 2008

belated reply

Wow, was I ever in need of an update. Oh my! Work has been keeping me far too busy to think enough about our upcoming internship that it hasn't been uncommon for me to spend a few days away from the computer, then have loads of entries to catch up on (such as now)! but, that's awesome, because more questions = more answers and increasing excitement to meet all of you.

I finally got my visa (huuraaay!) Similar to you John Speed, I was pretty close to having a panic attack too. The travel agent at the agency here in Chinatown was super and made sure everything went through smoothly. As for other preparations, I took a trip down to the tropical disease clinic earlier this week to get updated on my vaccinations. All's left is to pack my bags and, of course, get mentally prepared for 2 months on the other side of the world. haha, yeah, that's all... !

Thanks so much for being our most prompt info messengerJoan, it's comforting getting a better idea of how things are over there.

Now, time for a question! Does anyone know if the homes/facilities we'll be staying in are more or less the same in each of the locations? Also, how do you suppose they go about placing us during/after our orientation in Beijing? Have you heard any information about that Joan?

I will most likely come up with more questions in the next few days and will make sure to stay updated this time. Excited to see you all soooon! :) Happy preparing everyone.

No comments: