Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Movie Nights!

So some interesting things have happened in the last hour.

I spoke with the British English teaching woman and this is what I found worthy to share:

1) we're all invited to a (very shortened) version of "Sound of Music" performed by the older fostercare kids, June 26th.

2) Kid's movie nights are in the works! So if you have any Disney/Pixar, awesome kids movies/shows; that'd be great if you could bring those. I've asked my dad to send over VeggieTales but other stuff from you would be cool :) Maybe one movie night a week, either Saturday or Sunday.

3) Adult English class is over because the teacher is leaving. So I offered to do some of that, and I hope you're all interested also. Basically, it's "English Corner", which means that it's a time for people to practice English with a native speaker, colloquial kind of stuff or topics, w/e :)

Movie night for staff was also an idea brought up, but I think that American movies here are so cheap that bringing it over isn't totally necessary...but if you've got favorites, by all means :) Otherwise, slidereel.com (which I haven't visited) has American movies with Chinese subtitles, which would be good for them.

So yeah...some ideas to toss around.
If any one is very generous with sharing and happens to have a mini projector, that'd be kind of cool to have...but very luxurious :)

:D I'm just excited right now, :)

see you all soon!

No comments: