Tuesday, May 27, 2008

reply to Anna

Hi Anna,
Good to read about you, I was beginning to wonder if you really got the invitation to the blog or not :) I suppose you're on a quarterly schedule? you got out really late!

I'm really excited to meet a fellow non-Chinese speaker! I'm coming for the babies and the healthcare as well, it's all pretty new to me. You'll have to share all your baby tips with us :)

Linguistics, I think you should teach the kids different animal sounds. I'm sure you've already learned how different countries have different sounds for animals and I think that'd be amusing to play with the kids.

Answering questions...

1) coming early, coming at all. Make sure you contact ChinaCare to pick you up from the airport. If you don't plan on going straight to CC when you arrive, you should probably give them a heads up. I'm not sure where else you can stay if you don't go straight to CC, but I'd imagine there are hotels around. CC will provide your housing. I hope that answers your question.

2) alarm clock could be a good idea, or a cell phone with alarm. Bring a charge-converter!

3) a previous volunteer is Melanie. Her email address is mclabindao@gmail.com.

See you all over there!

Joan

No comments: