Tuesday, May 27, 2008

hi all!

I'm sorry for the late introduction! School is finally over...

My name is Anna. I'm a junior at Brown University in RI, originally from Boston and New Jersey. I approached China Care more from the babies aspect than the China aspect, if that makes sense. (For instance, I don't speak a word of Chinese! I just borrowed some history books from a friend, though, so that I'll know at least something beyond ninth grade history & current international news). I took leave from school this past fall semester to work as a live-in nanny for a little four-month-old, and ended up night-nannying for a set of newborn twins after that. I really love this work and have been searching for a way to give this care to those who really need it; basically, I want to make use of my essentially selfish passion. :)

I've also thought a lot over many years about getting a nursing degree after college and am excited to observe the nurses at the children's homes where we'll stay. (Maybe Joan can teach me about this, too...and Ysabelle, as a former-pre-nursing student.)

Aside from CC-related things, I'm very active in Brown's Jewish and LGBTQ communities. I enjoy singing and nonfiction writing, and my concentration is linguistics.

Some practical thoughts about the trip...If we come in early, where can we stay?
Maybe an alarm clock is a good thing to bring? I have no idea what the living arrangement will be.
Has anyone else had Visa success yet?
If anyone has talked to previous CC interns and volunteers, I'd LOVE to hear anything they had to say in general. I am so curious and I can't even begin to imagine it.


Hope everyone is well,
Anna

No comments: