Sunday, May 11, 2008

intro!

Hey guys, I'm Callie. I go to school at Gettysburg College in PA, but I'm from North Carolina. I'm a junior there, majoring in Chinese Studies. I've had two years of Chinese language, so maybe I can survive in China! My school doesn't have a China Care club, but I am a part of a China Club, which mostly focuses on cultural events. Though this year I ran an event to raise money for China Care, and we got enough money to sponsor a China Care child, and I'm really excited about it!
I've done after-school tutoring with young students - like 3rd grade. But I'm definately out of practice with babies! I'm a member of a community service organization at Gettysburg as well.
When I found out about the China Care internship I was really excited because I've been trying to get people on my campus interested in it because I think it is an amazing organization. I'm also going to be doing a senior thesis on the one-child policy and adoption in China so the opportunity to work with China Care is really exciting.
I'm also going to be coming at the end of June - arriving June 23 I think.

And thanks Joan for all the tips! which reminds me - do we know where we are staying? I was under the impression there was somewhere at the actual orphanages, but I have no idea.

Callie

1 comment:

Monica said...

Do you know which home you'll be helping at? My little sister is from the Taiyuan China Care home is why I ask.

Monica
http://kaijinsbigsis.blogspot.com/